FISTS Log Converter
- If installing on Windows 10, see the note at the bottom of this page.
- If using Avast, see the note at the bottom of this page.
Would you like to see at a
how close you are to achieving
and apply for them to the FISTS Awards Manager with the click of a button?
Would you like to create entries for the European
and the EuCW
Snakes & Ladders
Activities at the click of a button?
- Track FISTS Awards such as the Basic Century and Down Under, and create applications for them.
- Create scored logs for entering FISTS Activities in Europe such as the Ladder.
- Create scored logs for entering the EuCW Snakes & Ladders and QRS Week Activities.
- Create callsign checklists for printing via Microsoft Excel or OpenOffice Calc.
If you have an existing logging program, you can export your log to an ADIF file and use FISTS Log Converter to read the logbook entries.
If you don't currently have any logging software, you can use the electronic logbook supplied with FISTS Log Converter to get started right away.
FISTS Log Converter will run on Windows 2000 and later versions of Windows. It is "freeware" - there is no charge for it.
Installing on Windows 10
When you download and install programs using Windows 10, it automatically outputs a message saying that downloaded programs can harm your computer. Click the "more information" button and you will then get a button allowing you to proceed. Please note that there is nothing wrong with the program - it is just Microsoft's policy. FISTS Log Converter is checked by over 50 virus checkers and is harmless.
Before installing FISTS Log Converter for the first time on a fresh copy of Windows 10, you will probably need to install the Microsoft .NET Framework version 3.5 software.
Simply open Control Panel and select Turn Windows features on or off. The top option you'll see in the pop up window is .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET2.0 and 3.0).
If it isn't yet installed, select the checkbox and press OK. You don't need to select the child options under this heading.
This will install the additional .NET Framework and now you can install the FISTS Log Converter.
Acknowledgement: Thanks to Michael G0POT for providing these instructions.
Installing on a computer that uses Avast
- Open the Avast user interface
- Click 'settings'
- Click 'Active protection'
- Click ' Customize' for File system shield
- Select 'Exclusions'
- At the right bottom of the window, click on 'Browse'
- Navigate to the folder where Logconverter is installed (usually C:\Program Files (x86)\FISTS_CW_Club)
- Tick the checkbox left of the Fists Log Converter folder to select it.
- Hit the OK button
- Click OK to close the window.
- Click OK to close the Avast user interface
Acknowledgement: Thanks to Alex PA1FOX for providing these instructions.